A note about this blog...

Most of the pictures of these items are taken and posted from my phone, so the quality may not be so great. You can click on the actual photo to bring it up huge on your screen, where you can read my journaling and get a closer look at the details.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Missing Piece Bracelet

I made this bracelet in memory of my son. I used all sterling silver and Swarovski crystals. The puzzle piece is used to symbolize my son as the missing piece of our puzzle. The other bauble is an angel (complete with halo), the dark bead is a genuine garnet bead. Garnet is the birthstone of January, when my son was stillborn. I chose clear crystals to symbolize myself (diamond is my birthstone) and blue crystals because he was a boy. I stamped my sons initials on the puzzle piece. I know that the Angel doesn't really match the blue crystals...but then nothing about this situation matches my life, so I guess it's appropriate.

2 comments: