A note about this blog...

Most of the pictures of these items are taken and posted from my phone, so the quality may not be so great. You can click on the actual photo to bring it up huge on your screen, where you can read my journaling and get a closer look at the details.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First Photo

This LO is of my son's "first photo". It's an ultrasound from my 7th week of pregnancy. This was also the first time I really gave layering of rub-ons a try. I loved the results. I think that rub-ons are my favorite embellishment. I stamped the title on in two layers, white and blue. I used a chalk ink to do this. I used a scalloped edge round sheet of cardstock, and accented the scallops with a dot of blue Stickles. I used a poem sticker by Wendy Silva to the left of the photo that reads: "I wonder if you could possibly understand how hard it is for me to let you grow. On this day know that my heart breaks, for this is the first step in letting my baby go." At the time I didn't realize it was the last verse in a poem titled "First Day of School". I created this page after my son was stillborn, so my mind set was along the lines that I didn't even realize at the time, that this day was the first step in letting go. Some of the other rub-ons you can not see unless you look really close. IRL they stand out a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment