A note about this blog...

Most of the pictures of these items are taken and posted from my phone, so the quality may not be so great. You can click on the actual photo to bring it up huge on your screen, where you can read my journaling and get a closer look at the details.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween 2008




This page was super fun! I bought the background paper last year right after Halloween. But I found the overlay just recently. So I was glad to have waited to scrap this page. The background paper is shimmery which adds a really fun element to this page IRL. I Cut around the tops of the pumpkins so that the picture could slide behind it. Then I added the coordinating ghost rub-on. I cut the picture into a circle so that it would fit inside the spider web frame on the overlay. I used coordinating bg paper to matte the photo. It also shimmers. I wrote the title and date directly on the photo. Then I attached the overlay. The overlay is a transparency that has orange dots around the edges, and has a frame made from spider webs, along with the swirls and spiders. I attached teh overlay using black and orange brads in 2 sizes. I outlined the spider web parts with Black Stickles with adds depth and a great wet sparkle look IRL. I loved how that turned out! I went over the spiders bodies with Orange Stickles to make the spiders pop off the page. I then added more coordinating pumpkin and ghosts rub-ons to the overlay (and yes they stuck with ease). Below is the tag (hidden in the upper left corner of my layout). I used white ink and stamps, a white pen, and more of the rub-ons and brads to decorate the tag. I really loved how this LO turned out. Its not often that you buy an overlay that you can embellish and make your own. I just love the Stickles on it. And I was happy and surprised to see that it didn't warp my overlay. And surprised to see that the rub-ons actually stuck to the overlay.

No comments:

Post a Comment