A note about this blog...

Most of the pictures of these items are taken and posted from my phone, so the quality may not be so great. You can click on the actual photo to bring it up huge on your screen, where you can read my journaling and get a closer look at the details.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Trick-or-Treat

Here is what the LO looks like together. It's a double page LO. This page gave me a lot of grief, but in the end I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Thanks to some .svg files I used (for the title and the monkey) on my SCAL, and some pretty great embellishments I picked up in the weeks I was working on this LO. It seemed so plain brown to me, and blah. And it took me forever to find a Monkey that I liked. This monkey wasn't my favorite, but it was cute enough. I got the Monkey .svg file from Southern Belle and I got the title .svg file from http://www.svgcuts.com/ (who had some really great ones!!).

So the title and monkey are cuts I did on the Cricut. The title paper is by American Crafts, The Goods Collection in Pumpkin Pie. I used the stripes on the front and the back is a coordinating color that I used for the shadow of the title. Then I used a few sticky pearls from Recollections, along with several of the stickers. The spiders body is one such pearl, and then I used black Stickles on the spiders legs, and some little doodads here and there through out the LO. I put two photo's on tags that are hidden beneath the top three photo's. I had a lot of photo's I wanted to use for this LO, being that it was my daughters first "real" Trick-or-Treating experience.

My favorite part of this LO is the journaling tag. I found this cute little .bmp in Microsoft Word. I inserted the picture, enlarged it and then wrote on it using a text box, printed and then cut out the image by hand. A daunting task, there are 7 pages. Hey, I'm a wordy gal! The top flap opens up to reveal the other 6 journaling flaps, telling the story of the day. The font I used is called Dilate. I used foam tape behind the upper part of the bag to give it a 3D effect, and to also allow room for the thickness of the other 6 pages of journaling. I used black Stickles on the ghosts eyes and highlighted them with blue pearls from Recollections. The Happy Halloween Stickers, tag and candy are also from Recollections. The black dots around the large photo are "brads" that I made using black Stickles. I later added two small ghost stickers. I really recommend clicking on the images to get a closer look, I really am proud of the details in this LO. And happy to be moving on...

Journaling says:

" We went all over town today for Halloween fun! I think the fun was more for Momma's sake than any one else's. First thing this morning we went to a little costume parade on Grosse Ile, and Grandma joined us. I was dressed up in a little monkey costume and thirteen layers of clothes because it was so cold and the wind was whipping. Later that day we went to a little Boo Bash that had Pony Rides. I got to sit on one of the Ponies, my first time ever!! Then we went to visit Great Grandma and Auntie Maddie. Who just think I'm the cutest thing EVER!! Later that day we were off Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood. I went last year, when I was only 9 months old, In Niles with Momma’s Family. This year I got to walk around and carry a little pumpkin and beg for my own candy (which Momma has already confiscated and probably eaten). We took Kaida too! Daddy walked Kaida, but I tried my hardest to get him to let me do it. In the end I let him “help” me. I had so much fun! We crunched through the leaves up and down my street. I even put some in my pumpkin. Daddy threatened people not to scare me, I got tons of candy, chips and cookies, went for a nice walk in a fun costume and saw lots of little kids and even dogs that were dressed in funny costumes. Then we went back to our home and passed out candy for a little while before I had to go to bed. I loved seeing all of the kids dressed up and coming to the door saying "Trick or Treat". Every time Momma said, "Muffin, someone’s coming!!" I ran to the door to see. Kaida did too! It was such a fun day, but when we were all done I was pooped!! I think Momma and Daddy had as much fun as I did, if not more. It is possible that they were also more excited than I was, especially Momma. I think she may have been holding back tears while we were Trick-or-Treating!! I am 21 months old. 2009"

No comments:

Post a Comment