A note about this blog...

Most of the pictures of these items are taken and posted from my phone, so the quality may not be so great. You can click on the actual photo to bring it up huge on your screen, where you can read my journaling and get a closer look at the details.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

1st Birthday

This LO is of my daughter's first Birthday. I was trying to make the one picture the main focus of the LO with out distracting from it with the ten or so photo's I wanted to use. Now that I am done, I think I would have preferred the same background paper on both sides. Anyhow, I had fun adding some elements to the page that came from the actual day, such as the ribbons and the cupcake.
The huge "1" is something I think that was originally intended for use on a quilt. It is fuzzy and made of fabric. The title is a rub on that I embellished with Stickles (I love my Stickles) and attached a plastic "button" to that which says "Sparkle". The button on the top of the hat is a fabric covered button, and the ribbons are ribbons that came from Aubrey's actual birthday dress, as did the Cupcake applique. I added the green "pearl" to the top. The large "27" rub-on is from Gin-X Express-ons, and "Jan" are foil letters. The background paper is from Imaginisce from the All Kinds of Happy line called Tied up with Strings
There are several photo's on this page that are under peek-a-boo flaps (see below photo). The background paper and the two upper "gifts" are also from the All Kinds of Happy line. I used Parfait Par-tay for the background, Chatty Cake, Chatty Cake on the pink gift and Oooo, You Shouldn't Have... on the gift bag. The gift bag has a few pictures in it with pull-up tabs made from Vellum to resemble tissue paper. The Vellum is from Paper Pizazz. I cut the edges using decorative scissors and the ribbon is also from Aubrey's birthday dress. The brown and pink "Happy Birthday" ribbon is Martha Stewart Crafts. Each flap (other than the gift bag) opens or rotates to reveal several pictures beneath. I embellished with ribbons, charms and rhinestones. The small purple envelope at the top was made using the Cricut Cartridge called Wild Card. I added stickles for depth and pizazz and used a Zig Millennium Pen to add her name. The envelope is secured to the page using the tiny white clip at the top and is easily removable. Inside the envelope is a card with the journaling of the day on it.
This photo displays how the peek-a-boo flaps open to reveal the photo's. There are a few photo's under every flap. I really enjoyed how this LO took on a mind of its own and revealed a nice new idea for me to add several pictures to one page without making the page feel overwhelming. And now, 4 days shy of her 2nd birthday...I have finished! :s I really need to pick up the pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment