A note about this blog...

Most of the pictures of these items are taken and posted from my phone, so the quality may not be so great. You can click on the actual photo to bring it up huge on your screen, where you can read my journaling and get a closer look at the details.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pool Fun

I had a lot of fun with this LO. This was the first time I took my daughter to a pool. She is standing in one of the water spouts. I can not believe I captured the picture, much less on my camera phone...the best invention since sliced bread. I used a plain vivid blue colored background to match the flowers in her bathing suit. Then I overlaid the background with a white vellum sheet with vivid blue flowers. I used Stickles on flowers here and there to make them pop off of the page. I cut a "frame" into the vellum sheet where I put my photo on a skew. I attached ribbons, flowers, brads and charms to create a "frame" around the photo. The title says "Pool Fun" and is made from chipboard with glitter and swirls. The U in "fun" is doubled up on for dimension. The frog on the bottom right corner is from an old pin that I've had for years. The brad in the center of the flower says "Silly" on it. I thought that was so fitting! I also used white brads here and there as the flower centers to attach the vellum to the background. There is a tiny blue flower charm attached to the white ribbon that hangs down on the left.

The tag goes through a cut out in the vellum and slides behind the photograph. The tag is white cardstock that I inked the edges blue and added a blue rub-on border on the left along with some ribbons and left over chipboard pieces from the title to create the pull tab. There are also a circle sticker on the bottom right of the tag that says "Be Silly - Be Goofy - Be you" that I thought fit her so well. The vellum quote says "Live in the sunshine." and then I journaled about the day and it's events.

No comments:

Post a Comment